On this day, the focus is at the womanhood, women from different nations, political background, culture, and economic status join together to promote awareness about their rights. They aim to break the stereotypes and the restrictions society has placed on them.
To join their cause and show appreciation to the awesome women in your life, here are the best Happy Women’s Day quotes and some facts for this day.
This holiday came out as a result of the big industrial progress, crisis, and radical ideology. It has been shown that The International Day of Women’s has roots in protest and political activism that have become inevitable forms of social life.
The years preceding the 1910s’ were marked by strong gender differences and a small percentage of employed women in the industrialized countries at the time. Those who worked were employed in the textile industry, manufacturing, and domestic helpers. They all worked in very poor conditions and for “little” wages.
That struggle seemed to suppress all other aspects of women’s lives and began to feel the revolutionary change. In 1977, the UN General Assembly adopts a proposal that declares a day to celebrate Women’s Rights and International Peace. A convention on the same subject was held in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1980. The result of these international efforts is the proclamation of March 8th as Women’s Day.
Quotes for the International Day of Women’s – 8th March
1. “Women are the real architects of society.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe.
2. “The loneliest woman in the world is a woman without a close woman friend.” – George Santayana.
3. “The history of all times and of today, especially teaches that women will be forgotten if they forget to think about themselves.” – Louise Otto.
4. “Well behaved, women rarely make history.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
5. “A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt.
6. “Whether women are better than men I cannot say – but I can say they are certainly no worse.” – Golda Meir.
7. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa.
8. “Elegance is when the inside is beautiful as outside.” – Coco Chanel.
9. “One is not born a woman, one becomes one.” – Simone De Beauvoir.
10. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey.
11. “Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.” – Audrey Hepburn.
Interesting facts for the International Day of Women’s – 8th March
1. The International Day of Women’s is 8th March – every year all the women from the world celebrate this day. On this day you should show love and respect to all the women’s in your life.
2. The first celebration on occasion to the women happened in 1908 in the USA, but on the international level this day it was celebrated for the first time in 1911 in many cities at the time in Austrian-Hungary.
3. The International Day of Women’s for the first time was celebrated on 19th March.
4. Presents – the flowers and chocolates are the most popular gifts on this day. This is especially true for the countries in Europe, the rest of the world has its own customs related to this special day.
5. 8th March is a national holiday in 28 countries around the world.
6. In China, Madagascar, and Nepal this day is a national day only for women. For the men population, this day in these countries is a working day.
7. International Women’s Day is not only a celebration of the women’s beauty, intellect, hard work, and attention, but it is also a day for their historic struggle for equality. New Zealand is the first country in the modern era to have granted women the right to vote for the first time in 1893.